[Tails-dev] RMea culpa

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] RMea culpa
Hi folks,

I'd like to offer my apologies for my tendency to be, or at least appear
to be, negative on the tails-dev XMPP channel when I'm preparing a new
Tails release. I tend to be easily frustrated when I cannot do anything
else than waiting for some cron job to get started, when some network
transfers seem to take way too long, and when I see delays getting
accumulated along the way, possibly derailing the target time schedule
(basically trying to be ready at 17:00 on Tuesdays). This list is not
exhaustive and that can happen for things that seem broken; which I
should just investigate and file a ticket for, instead of first
complaining about on a public channel…

Besides the overall negativity that can be felt during such times, it's
been brought up to my attention it's not always clear to others what I'm
expecting during such times, which doesn't help restore a suitable mood.
I suppose it's basically either something that I (feel the need to) vent
about on the spot, or something that should be ending up in some ticket
or mail-based report once the release is over. I think I've done the
latter since my very first release, and I'll now focus on avoiding the
former when preparing the next releases.

Thanks for your patience and for your tolerance so far. Feel free to
bring it up to my attention if I do that again in the future, so that I
try harder and/or differently to self-correct.

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)