Re: [Tails-project] #8948: Reconsider the terminology around…

Author: sajolida
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-project] #8948: Reconsider the terminology around "persistence"
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] #8948: Reconsider the terminology around "persistence"
Cody Brownstein:
> sajolida:
>> - Cannot delete the Persistence on %s while in use. (from Persistence
>> setup)
>>
>> It's the only example where you left the "the" article. Is it on purpose?
>
> Yes, I purposely left the "the" in that example.

That's what I thought as well.

So it seems like Cody and I agree on something. Yay!

I think that the next steps are:

1. Wait some more time to see if someone wants to propose an amendment
to our proposal. I don't think that any proposal questioning the
basics of our proposal would fly high at this point.

2. Prepare a better style guide entry from the "Guidelines" that I
drafted.

Cody: Would you be interested in trying this out? Otherwise I really
don't mind doing it myself.

3. Finish the usability testing on the new explanation of Tails.
This should happen in 2019Q1 but might depend on the milestones
agreed with Sponsor 1 (still in the pipe).

4. Work on better phrasing for the Persistence creation and settings.
I could probably draft something in parallel of 3.

5. Update everything else. This might take a while and we might rather
not do it all at once.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/