Re: [Tails-dev] Missing anchor in a link in 4.0 release note…

Author: intrigeri
To: xin, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Missing anchor in a link in 4.0 release notes
Hi,

xin:
> Hello, an anchor is missing in a link in the 4.0 release notes:
> "All users must do a manual upgrade." : #manual is missing at the end of
> the link.

I've noticed this too while preparing 4.0, and then:

- Initially I added #manual as you're suggesting, that seemed pretty
much obvious. But then I noticed that doing so would make users
skip the intro on the top of the destination page, which is not
ideal. So I've dropped this change.

- Then, on the destination page I turned the "manual" and
"automatic", that are in bold in the intro, into links to the
corresponding sections. But then I realized that there's a table of
contents just a few lines below, so we already have links.
So I've dropped this change too.

⇒ All in all, I could find no simple way to improve the situation
without regressing elsewhere, so I gave up.

sajolida?