[Hackmeeting] Fw [hackademia] Readings on hacking & learning

Autore: isi
To: hackmeeting
Oggetto: [Hackmeeting] Fw [hackademia] Readings on hacking & learning
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [hackademia] Readings on hacking & learning
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:36:33 +0000
From: Annika Richterich <A.Richterich@???>
To: hackademia@??? <hackademia@???>

Hi All,
I just started a research project on hacking and informal IT learning at
University of Sussex, supervised by Tim Jordan (yay! - and hi Tim!).
I am currently compiling a reading/literature list and it would be
fantastic to get suggestions from people on this list too. I am
particularly looking for literature on hacking and/as learning as well
as learning in hacker-/makerspaces. I am moreover putting together some
readings on gender and diversity questions relevant to
hacker-/makerspaces as well as feminist hacking.
If you have recommendations that are not on the list yet, I'd love to
hear from you. You can email me or directly add your suggestions here:
https://etherpad.net/p/Hackademia__hackerspaces_and_learning

I started this wip document, but might also do a restructured list on my
blog later - in case things get messy on the etherpad version. ;) I'll
share the blog version on this list then too.

Thanks everyone & all the best, Annika

-----------------------

Hi Annika,

Congrats on your new research.

We, at the local hackerspace[1] have setup an informal learning space
about Data Activism and Digital Citizenship practices around moldable
tools, like Grafoscopio[2]. It is called the Data Week[3] and this week
we are going to start the 15th edition in parallel with the OpenCon
Latin America edition, which will be happening on Bogota. Those topics
and practices where part of my PhD studies and I collected a public
Zotero library collection[4] which includes themes related with
Hackerspaces and even Data Feminism[5].

[1] http://hackbo.co/
[2] http://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/en.html
[3] https://mutabit.com/dataweek/
[4]
https://www.zotero.org/groups/204755/diseo_y_creacion_phd_msc_universidad_de_caldas/items/collectionKey/J6MK585F

[5] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/datafem/

Hope this helps,

--

"socializzare saperi senza fondare poteri"

Primo Moroni

Ox 44CC 163A

GPG keys available on key-server https://pgp.mit.edu/

Fingerprint: 946A 499A E30B 78B6 BAE1 F5B8 A03A 5077 44CC 163A