Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.0 beta 2 (#17049)

Author: intrigeri
To: Clem Hewison, tails-testers\@boum.org
CC: Mathieu Goessens, segfault
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.0 beta 2 (#17049)
Hi Clément,

Clem Hewison:
> I'm pleased to say that the Tail image booted straight up, with no
> issues, and I was able to use it as usual. So I reckon using GRUB is
> the way forward for Mac.

Oooooh yeah! Excellent news :)

We have planned to switch to GRUB for USB boot on EFI 64-bit by May
2020, as part of adding Secure Boot support. That's a bit late for my
taste now that we know it will make such a big difference for recent
MacBooks. I'll check with my team whether we can reorder our
priorities in order to ship GRUB earlier.

Anyone else who faces this issue, please try the latest USB image
(.img) from:

https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-6560-secure-boot/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

… and report back.

@geb: given this, you may ignore my email from earlier today and start
with testing an image downloaded from the link above on whatever Mac
hardware you get access to :)