[Tails-testers] TOR circuits Refresh

Author: zerox95
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-testers] TOR circuits Refresh
Website refused to let me post. Something about too much spam coming from my network?

https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/13981/new-identity-vs-reopening-browser

View onion circuits by clicking on the onion icon.

Run "new identity" in the tor browser menu section.

After the new browser opens, view onion ciruits again. THEY ARE STILL THE SAME !!!

Rebooting the whole system is the only way I have found to obtain new circuits.

I am researching a live "hot swap" for new circuits. I know it USED to perform as described above.

One other idea. Would it be possibe to numerically salt/hash/encrypt IP addresses from WITHIN a TOR circuit? (1=7,6=1 type substitution cipher for testing) Hashed password/fingerprint for the control port can be used for entry port/node. Just an idea.

Overall, I am very impressed. A few minor quirks to work out.

"Too many people know too much."

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.