Re: [Tails-testers] (no subject)

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers, lasurfeuse
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] (no subject)
lasurfeuse@???:
> Bonjour,
> A propos de la liste des adaptateurs usb wi-fi compatible avec tails
> (tableau dans:
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/networkmanager/index.fr.html#index2h1),
> on peut utiliser l'adaptateur i.t.works SKU4502167 , je le fais marcher
> avec tails a condition de desactiver l'usurpation d'adresse mac (es-ce
> très sécure?).
>
> il s'agit de ce modele:
> https://fc.darty.com/notices/DOCUMENTATION/2018/52/4502167_NOTCOMP.pdf

Hi lasurfeuse,

Thanks a lot for reporting your findings!

Disabling MAC spoofing makes it possible for the local network, in this
case, the Wi-Fi adapters that you are connecting to, to identify your
Wi-Fi dongle (and thus you or your computer).

See https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/startup_options/mac_spoofing/

... which is translated in French :)

I prefer limiting our list to Wi-Fi adapters that support MAC spoofing.

--
sajolida