[Tails-project] Tails report for June 2019

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Public mailing list about the Tails project
CC: tor-project
Sujet: [Tails-project] Tails report for June 2019
https://tails.boum.org/news/report_2019_06/

Releases
========

* Tails 3.14.1 was released on June 20 (emergency release)
to fix a critical security vulnerability in the JavaScript engine
of *Firefox* and *Tor Browser*.

https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.14.1/

* Tails 3.14.2 was released on June 20 (emergency release).
to fix a critical vulnerability in *Tor Browser*, a *sandbox escape*
that we couldn't fix in time for 3.14.1.

https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.14.2/

* Tails 3.16 is scheduled for September 3.

Code
====

- We published a new version of the verification extension with a non-
minified Forge library, as per an updated Mozilla policy. (#16686)

Documentation and website
=========================

- We tested all our documentation against the beta version of Tails 4.0,
based on Debian 10 (Buster) and started fixing it.

Infrastructure
==============

- Our web translation platform reached an important milestone:
translations done there will now automatically appear on the Tails
website within hours. Expect a more detailed announcement and
documentation for translators soon! :)

https://translate.tails.boum.org/

- As part of our ongoing effort to migrate to better maintained Puppet
modules, we ported our infrastructure to puppetlabs-apt. (#15510)

- We programmed an automated reminder to send our Code of Conduct to all
our public mailing lists every 3 months.

Funding
=======

- We applied to the Mozilla Open Source Support to work on:

- Improve Upgrades (#8415 and #15281)
- Support Secure Boot (#6560)
- Migrate to GitLab (#15878)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/moss/

- We applied to the ISC Project to:

- Explain better what Tails is (#9814)

https://www.iscproject.org/technology-grants

- We improved the visibility of the "*Other ways to donate*" on our
donation page. (#16170)

Outreach
========

Past events
-----------

- Estrella Soria gave a workshop about Tails from a cyberfeminist
perspective on June 18 in the Virgen de los Deseos social center in La
Paz, Bolivia.

https://twitter.com/tecnochamana/status/1141018007281573889

- Another Tails workshop was held in Guadalajara, Mexico on June 29, as
part of the 'Cuidarnos en red(es)' day of Digital self-defense at
Huizache:

https://mastodon.social/@noticiasdeabajo/102279012433478653

Translations
============

## All the website

- fr: 90% (5054) strings translated
- es: 52% (2911) strings translated
- de: 41% (2303) strings translated
- it: 35% (1961) strings translated
- fa: 32% (1806) strings translated
- pt: 26% (1464) strings translated

Total original words: 58995

## Core pages of the website

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/l10n_tricks/core_po_files.txt

- fr: 97% (1736) strings translated
- es: 79% (1420) strings translated
- de: 68% (1228) strings translated
- it: 65% (1161) strings translated
- pt: 46% (820) strings translated
- fa: 35% (626) strings translated

Total original words: 16629

Metrics
=======

* Tails has been started more than 751 230 times this month. This makes
25 041 boots a day on average.

* 8018 downloads of the OpenPGP signature of a Tails USB image or ISO
from our website.

--
sajolida