Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate rep…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: drebs
À: Tails localization discussion, Transitails, ignifugo, u
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate repo into cannonical Tails repo ::: WAS: [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations
You spotted exactly the 2 open questions we still have:

1. how/if voting is taken into account to accept translations.
2. what will be shown in the staging website.

As i said, please don't take whats currently in that doc as final. These
questions are still open.

I *think* the current situation is:

  - Weblate is currently configured so 2 votes accept a translation. But
    we want to change that soon otherwise as an attacker i just need to
    create 2 accounts to have a translation accepted. That change has
    not been implemented yet, and a reviewer role will have to be
    introduced to handle that properly. The current idea is to port
    Git-based translation trust to initially make a bunch of people
    reviewers, and then to use proof-of-work to increase the cost of
    attacks when making new people reviewers.

  - The staging website seems to be currently configured to show the
    oldest/first suggestion. It is not clear (to me) from a usability
    point of view exactly what is the best option, but currently i think
    showing the suggestion with most votes (and then the newest one if
    there are many with same number of votes) makes sense.

It'd be great to hear other opinions.

I would adivse to not start translating the doc i linked here yet, and
to not advertise it until these issues are not decided, the doc is
updated and reviewed. I was in doubt if i should've shared it initially
to avoid misunderstandings, but i also wanted to be nice to you. ;)

--

Quoting ignifugo (2019-07-17 08:13:08)