[Tails-dev] ASP offline issue: advice needed

Author: Alan
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] ASP offline issue: advice needed
Hi,

A bug was found in Additional Software Packages (ASP) that make the
install fail if APT lists are updated outside ASP and they reference new
version of ASP installed packages. This is likely to happen every new
Tails release. This is now solved when the user is connecting to the
network after the failed installation (#16566).

I think the remaining issue (#16567) is for this scenario: I'm online
preparing Tails ASP for a specific task. I'm running apt update or
starting Synaptic and there are new versions of packages that I already
configured as ASP. At this point everything looks good.

Then I restart my Tails offline, and some of my ASP fail to install.

Note that of I go online at some point, the situation would be solved by
case C (#16567).

I don't know if we consider this as a corner case or not, and thus if we
want to solve it at at what priority.

Thanks by advance for your input,

Cheers