[Tails-dev] Release schedule for 2019

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for 2019
Hi,

here's a proposed release schedule for this year:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/

You'll notice that there is no major release planned earlier than
October 22. Yes, that's a long time without any major release. In the
last 5 months, we're released three big new features. Congrats! As far
as I know, there's no big new feature in the pipeline for the next few
months so it seems to be a good time to start looking further ahead,
focus on Buster and start work on other large roadmap items with less
churn and day-to-day busywork. Also, note that starting in a few
months, with every 3.x release we'll prepare, test and publish a 4.0
pre-release of some kind.

During that time:

- We would probably stick to whatever kernel is in Buster instead of
tracking sid.

- We'll relax a bit our policy for what changes qualify for inclusion
in 3.x bugfix release. Whenever reasonable, provided sufficient CI
coverage and calls for testing, slightly larger changes than usual
may be accepted. In doubt, please talk with the foundations team
and release managers.

- Please base your branches on the stable one if you're targeting
Tails 3.x.

Thoughts, feelings?

Anything I missed that could invalidate this plan?