Re: [Tails-testers] USB wifi adapter compatible with Tails..…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] USB wifi adapter compatible with Tails...
Brett Gozdeck:
> hello team Tails...

Hi Brett,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier but we were busy preparing the
3.12 release :)

> on the site it says to email you guys, if we find a USB wifi adapter that
> works with tails... and mine seems to work just fine. here is the
> description when i click on "hardware properties" when it's connected using
> windows 10:
> Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
> Driver version: 1030.27.425.2018
> Physical address (MAC):
>
> the model is Edimax EW-7722UTn V2.
>
> i'm not sure what information you guys need, but yeah... it works. it
> doesn't automatically show up in the top right where your wireless icon
> usually pops up. you have to go into network settings, and then connect to
> the internet... but it still works perfectly fine.
>
> if you need anything else let me know!

Great!

Today I tried another Edimax (N150) that also works fine with Tails.

I'll try to get a hand on a Edimax N300 before adding it to the page.

But it doesn't seem easy to buy Edimax adapters in offline stores. Can
you confirm that you bought yours online?

--
sajolida