[Tails-dev] Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Author: almerio ercarte
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Failed to load ldlinux.c32
Dear Tails,

I am using your system for quite a while now, and I must say, I like it.
I am storing some very important files on my USB which has Tails.

Yesterday however, Tails wanted me to do an update on the TOR browser, and
I clicked 'no', because I was busy with the system. I must've misclicked,
because Tails was commencing the update anyways. So I waited, and it loaded
for some time, and after a while it was done.
I don't remember the exact details, but after a while I decided to shut
down my PC, in order to do something else. When I started my PC back up
however, I loaded the USB with tails, and it gave me an error
saying: Failed to load ldlinux.c32.

Now I have searched the whole internet, but I cannot find solutions,
without risking my important data to be erased from the USB. I've already
tried to recover the files with mulitple program's, but it will only
restore certain files that were there from BEFORE I installed Tails (and
that's weeks ago).

Now, my question is, are you familiar with this error? Do you know how to
fix it, and if you don't, do you have any advise for me, for what to do? I
really don't wanna lose my data.

greetings.