[Tails-testers] Tails 3.10-3.11-3.12

Author: mkggvasia
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.10-3.11-3.12
Hi,
I've been using Tails regularly for the past 3-4 years. The last time I tried to switch from 3.10 to 3.11 I had a major, major problem.
I couldn't update from 3.10 (that happens a lot), so I was trying to do the intermediary routine. 'Something' happened during that time.
My USB was destroyed, and from that moment on, instead of seeing the name of the usb in the bios, I now saw 'Removable Devices'.
I spent hours and hours on this, tried the Tails troubleshooting techniques to no avail. And I completely lost my ability to create a bootable usb - no matter what method I used to create it, even on someone else's computer. What do you think? Some sort of specialized virus or malware? I mean I can copy things on to a usb and transfer them, but create a bootable - no. And that's the ONLY thing I can see wrong with my system.
I tried burning tails the 3.11 iso onto a DVD - that worked, but it never, never got to Tails greeter.
So 3.12???? Could I try this - burn it onto a DVD again - might that work? Right now I'm using a dual-boot system with Fedora29 and Windows7 (I use Windows maybe 5% of the time. I was using a dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows7 when this mess happened. It's a Dell alienware computer.
Thanks,
MK

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.