Re: [Tails-dev] Electrum unable to connect to onion servers

Author: s7r
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Electrum unable to connect to onion servers
s7r wrote:
> Hello,
>
> intrigeri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> adding s7r, who is maintaining the integration of Electrum in Tails,
>> into the loop:
>>> node.admin@???:
>>> I run a ElectrumX on a hidden service
>>
>>> 4yi77lkjgy4bwtj3.onion port 50001 for TCP and port 50002
>>
>>> I was testing connection to this electrum server from different software
>>> including tails with the built in electrum. It looks like tails can
>>> connect to clearnet electrum servers. But not able connect to hidden
>>> service electrum servers. I test the electrum connection with other hidden
>>> service electrum servers with no working.

Forgot to attach to previous email the screenshot in which I am
connected to your ElectrumX server run via onion service
4yi77lkjgy4bwtj3.onion.

I have tried to connect from other version of Electrum wallet from
another machine on a non Tails OS, and it also works fine.

So you can stop doing any investigations as there is nothing wrong --
could be something due to v2 onion service reach-ability which happens
from time to time in Tor and it was only at your side, for that
particular moment.