Re: [Tails-dev] GDM

Author: alienpup
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Wifi card Re: GDM
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GDM
rajer bosho wrote:
> Hi
>
> i appreciate the good work of all buddies for all the humans around the
> word by respecting privacy.-good work.
>
> 1. trying to start version tails amd 64_3.11 recently upgraded from 3.10.
>
> 2. secondly,the error stated as " Error starting GDM with your graphics
> card: Intel corporation core processor Integrated Graphics Controller
> [8086:0046] (rev 02).
>
> 3. i tried the workaround adding xorg-driver=intel to the startup option,
> nothing worked.
>
> 4. in the version 3.10 i had no such problem. Tails went smooth.
> lastly, i downloaded 3.11 version and followed usual procedures but
> failed
> stating the above (2)
> message.
> please, do the needful to start tails again.i below attach image for
> your
> reference.

Sadly, I must report the same problem with 3.11 on my Lenovo T420 laptop. v3.11 boots to a blank screen. The "xorg-driver+intel" boot switch (and removal of "quiet") reveals the same warning regarding the failure to launch GDM.

The T420 reports the same graphics controller as rajer's computer does ([8086:0046] (rev 02)).

I must report also that while booting 3.11 on my HP DM4 laptop is successful, Tails does not detect the laptops internal WiFi card. All other Tails releases since 3.9 have detected the internal card on the DM4.

Tails 3.10.1 runs fine on both of the above computers.

regards,
alienpup