Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-l10n] git.tails.boum.org aka. git-ta…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-l10n] git.tails.boum.org aka. git-tails.immerda.ch is moving
sajolida:
> 7 hours later, I restarted Tails and I still get the same error when
> fetching accounting.git and internal.git. I don't get this error when
> fetching master.git.

anonym has reported similar issues but he cannot see them if he uses
the IP address directly, which seems to confirm the hypothesis of
overenthusiastic DNS caching on exit nodes. Nothing we can do about
exit nodes whose DNS resolver/upstream does not honor TTL :/
Hopefully they invalidate their cache after 24h or so.

I've seen it too. For me, retrying a few times with torsocks --isolate
works eventually.