[Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgrade to Linux 4.18

Author: flowa
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgrade to Linux 4.18
Hi intrigeri,

Test of tails-amd64-stable-3.10-20181016T1454Z-fdd71c2d4b.iso

I installed on a new USB-Stick and tested on 4 different types of hardware (3 laptops, 1 desktop). Tested Tor Browser, Video, Audio, LibreOffice Writer, access to USB-Harddisk, USB-Hubs, Samba-Share. Everything worked fine. I have the impression, this version is faster than 3.9.1? Love it!

Just another issue that I detected on 3.8 and already reported on 3.9 with Whisperback but didn't get an answer yet: Deleting a file on persistent storage will not release the memory. Looks like emptying the trash never works. However wiping a file releases the space. This is still so in 3.10. Not such a big issue since I now can use Veracrypt to securely handle big files. May be you can have a look at that?

Thank you for your great service to the comunity!

flowa
flowa@???