Re: [Tails-dev] onion-grater fix Tor control auth cookie au…

Author: intrigeri
To: Patrick Schleizer
CC: whonix-devel, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] onion-grater fix Tor control auth cookie authentication even if HashedControlPassword is set
Hi,

Patrick Schleizer:
> https://github.com/Whonix/onion-grater/commit/70e735dae1c15920c356b07fc6aaf4b9589b465a
> Please review and merge.

Code looks OK, quick manual testing in Tails works fine. I'll wait for
my full Tails test suite run to confirm this and then I expect I'll
push this to tails.git today :)

> The more I think about it, perhaps we could abolish DEFAULT_COOKIE_PATH
> = '/run/tor/control.authcookie' altogether?
> [...]
> Then we might be able to simply this and just use authenticate().

No strong opinion here, feel free to send a patch if you feel strongly
about it. Bonus points if the patch has been quickly tested in
a running Tails system.