Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] How to translate "Addtional software" …

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] How to translate "Addtional software" and "Unlock VeraCrypt Volumes"?
Hi,

Chre:
> Le 14/10/2018 à 12:36, Chre a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Le 11/10/2018 à 10:42, intrigeri a écrit :
>>> emma peel:
>>>
>>> FYI we don't import French translations from Transifex as the French
>>> translation team uses Git for this sort of things.
>>>
>>> (Technical details: ./import-translations has EXCLUDE_LANGS='fr')

>> Right, then, how can we translate these softwares? Some repo?
>> Thanks.
>>

> Arf, I missing that

>> I could feed a .po in Transifex if you don't want to join, but only after somebody else's review as I don't speak French.

> Yes, we want to have this .po file. Thanks :) !

That French PO file from Transifex will never be imported so I don't
see the point of importing the current fr.po in there, *unless* of
course the French translation team decides to fully stop using Git for
such things. If you folks make such a decision, please:

1. update https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/team/fr/
to clarify what you want to translate where among "Custom programs"
and "A set of various translatable strings"; the next steps will be
simpler if you decide to switch to Transifex either fully or not at
all

2. once #1 is done, ask emma to import the 1-7 affected fr.po into
Transifex

3. tell me so I can drop EXCLUDE_LANGS='fr' where relevant, so we
start importing translations from Transifex