Re: [Tails-dev] inclusion of xinput in the main build of Tai…

Author: intrigeri
To: HumMy, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] inclusion of xinput in the main build of Tails
Hi,

HumMy:
> i need this software in the main build because i have a laptop with
> accupoint that keeps the mouse moving all the time making touchpad
> impossible to use.

Could you please point me to what this "accupoint" thing is?
A DuckDuckGo search yields many results that seem unrelated.

> via persistence options, you can have it installed, but not
> available at login time and so you can't really use the dotfiles
> feature to script your way through because the program won't be
> installed when the scripts are run.

One way to solve this is to have your post-login script wait for
tails-additional-software-install.service to have started. Once this
is done, the Additional Software are installed.