Re: [Tails-l10n] catalan translation

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] catalan translation
Hi!

emma peel:
> Tails català:>> have you tried the translation platform at
>>> https://translate.tails.boum.org/languages/ca/tails/ ?
>>
>> No, I wasn't aware of this. We started to use git and building the tails site on a local tails. Which way would it be better for the tails communityt? web platform or git?
>
> We have noticed that many translators get scared of the git process, that is why we have installed the weblate instance and we are working on making it automatically transport the translations to our website.

I think for now - and because you are comfortable with Git - please use
Git as the translation platform is not in a production state.

> Also, please somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure the people with commit rights will be eager to spend time reviewing translations once the system is working.

I would not assume such a thing. There might be less things to merge
into master by people with commit rights once the platform is running,
but some of us will certainly continue to do it from time to time as we
do with code or documentation.

Cheers
u.