Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9
intrigeri:
>> - August 15: feature freeze
>
>>    Everything you want to see in Tails 3.9 must be merged into our
>>    devel branch by 17:00 CEST that day.

> The path was not the sweetest RM'ing hike I've ever experienced but
> somehow we got there! All the major branches that had to make it into
> 3.9~rc1 are now merged \o/

It's also the biggest release since 3.0, so thanks for handling this and
congrats for the merge!

> Anyone who still has work left to polish or finish for 3.9, please
> read or re-read this:
>
>>  - August 18-30: small, targeted, not too risky fixes may be granted
>>    freeze exceptions

I'll need one for the VeraCrypt documentation. I want to update it to
whatever will land in the RC but, depending on how things go with
VeraCrypt regarding the trademark license it might need more adjustment
down the road (ideally, only reverting a commit).

--
sajolida