Re: [Tails-project] Analysis of the 2017 donation campaign

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Analysis of the 2017 donation campaign
u:
> sajolida:
>>> The biggest source of hits on /donate was from banner (41%).
>>> A huge share comes with no "?r=" parameters (32%) and I haven't really
>>> investigated why (I could if you ask me).
>
> But some ?r= seemed to work, could you list those that worked to debug this?

The full list that I got from Matomo is in the spreadsheet:

    donors.git:analysis/2017/Donation campaign 2017.ods

    Tabs:

      - "Donate" (after some processing of mine)
      - "Donate (raw stats)" (what I got from Matomo)

>> And r=help (from the footer of emails from help desk) don't even appear
>> in the stats (<37 or nothing). That's a bit sad... :(
>
> Weird. What do you mean by: "(<37 or nothing)" ?

I think that Matomo only lists the top $n most popular resources. Given
that the least popular resources listed by Matomo had 37 page views, I
concluded that "?r=" lead to less than 37 page views.

Note that the ?r= parameters is not passed along to /donate/thanks so
maybe it was less than 37 views but a lot of donations that many
donations (max 36). This we don't know.

If you think it's worth checking the exact number (between 0 and 37) I
can probably compute that from the raw logs.

--
sajolida