Re: [Tails-dev] DeepOnion project

Author: segfault
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Vaas !
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] DeepOnion project
Hi,

Vaas !:
> We are glad to let your Team know that we were working on the Debian
> Repository in the last months with our Development Team and we did a lot of
> progress on it. We took your words about doing something first as a way to
> earn the trust from your members and who that we want to help and build
> something for the good of all with real commitment.

I don't see where anyone said anything like that. I suspect there is a
misunderstanding. When intrigeri was using the word "trust" in his
reply, he said that including your software in Debian's own
repositories, instead of a repository hosted by you, requires less trust
of *users* towards your project (when they decide themselves to install
your software in Tails).

> Right now we are even looking for a mentor for Debian (I don't know if some
> people from your Team can help us with this) but all the hard work seems to
> be done and we are on the testing phase.

See here for information on how to find a mentor who could upload your
package to the Debian repositories:

https://mentors.debian.net

> We would like to know if one of your Team would like to Talk with us on
> Wire, we can set a meeting with our Developers for testing purposes

I don't see the point of setting up such a meeting with you. You are
working on making your software available to Debian users (which
includes Tails users). If you need help with that, I'd suggest you try
to find a Debian mentor (see above).

Cheers