Re: [Tails-testers] first try on the beta 3.9 with veracrypt…

Author: segfault
To: whatsfunny, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] first try on the beta 3.9 with veracrypt support
Hi!

> Hello, here goes the problems and successes i have encountered so far:
>
> mouting from nautilus(.hc extension):
>
> identifies correct size of outer and hidden volume, but apparently nothing happens.
>
> With carefull observation noticed that a volume has popped up on the tree view with the suffix "Encrypted".
>
> Click and enter passphrase, error can't mount FS(mount failed, permission denied).
>
> dmesg say's:" generic_make_request: Trying to write to read-only block device dm-0 (partno 0)"
>
> retrying leads to all sorts of problems with the file manager with duplicate volumes, but opening the "veracrypt mounter" shows that the volume is in fact unlocked and if i lock it the volume cleanly disappears from the tree view.
>
> Veracrypt Mounter sessions:
>
> if i open through "veracrypt mounter" all OK for the outer volume
>
> * no option to protect the hidden volume
>
> unmount volume
>
> if i open through "veracrypt mounter" the hidden volume, all is OK
>
> unmount volume
>
> if unmounted from nautilus, cleanly unlocks the volume.
>
> Conclusion:
>
> The mounter utility seems to be working fine!
>
> Nautilus does not mount the filesystem even though it seems to unlock it fine.
>
> i have some screenshots of the full error messages of coarse

Thanks for the helpful report! I was able to reproduce the error you
describe and created a ticket for it:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15735

The issue that double-clicking the file container does not automatically
unlock the container (but only make it accessible in the sidebar) will
also be fixed in the next release:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15051

Cheers!