Re: [Tails-project] t-shirts

Author: u
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] t-shirts
Hi,

replying here after all.

Technically, the Tails logo is released under Gnu/GPL, so theoretically
you can print merchandise from it without asking us.

But I think you already know that we have printed T-Shirts through an
intermediary in the past. We don't sell these T-Shirts and probably
never will. We only give them to people who make a donation exceeding a
certain amount. The aim of this is not to sell them a product or
advertise Tails but to actually incite people to financially support the
Tails project. (Even though one may argue about the effectiveness of this.)

I personally was in favor of making these T-Shirts and expected them to
help us financially. I am happy that they were printed on organic cotton
instead of producing some cheap product just for the sake of it. This
whole process was very complicated: not all of us were in favor of
making these T-Shirts in first place and we agreed that we don't want to
handle them ourselves. This has now changed a bit, since we used them to
give them out to big donors during the DuckDuckGo fundraising campaign
earlier this year.

With this in mind, I don't know what your expectations are from printing
your own t-shirts for these two events. What about getting some of the
already existing t-shirts from us/our intermediary?

Cheers!
u.