Re: [Tails-dev] mksquashfs for reproducible squashfs

Autore: intrigeri
To: Andres Pavez
CC: tails-dev
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] mksquashfs for reproducible squashfs
Andres Pavez:
> Where I can find the exact command that tails use to generate a
> reproducible filesystem.squashfs using mksquashfs?.

We pass this on release builds:

-comp xz -Xbcj x86 -b 1024K -Xdict-size 1024K -no-exports

… on top of what (our fork of) live-build 2.x passes.

> I have been using " -processors 1 -no-fragments "and i have compiled
> my own mksquashfs based on Lamby patch to use SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH and i
> cannot create a reproducible squashfs :(

These patches are not enough, you also need that one:
https://github.com/intrigeri/squashfs-tools/commit/c2c4d15580adee66b68c29eb9d2ee660225449bc