Re: [Tails-dev] Kernel Headers?

Autore: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Kernel Headers?
Marco Betschart:
> Quick heads up on MacBook 12“ 2015 support:
> Was able to successfully build Tails. It works within Parallels.

Great!

> Now I’m stuck compiling the apple spi drivers. I added a script in config/chroot_local-hooks called 13-1-apple-spi.
> I also added the code of its Git repository to config/chroot_local-includes/usr/src/applespi-0.1

I suggest you instead do the same as we do for the aufs module, see
the submodules/aufs4-standalone Git submodule
and the corresponding bits in auto/config.

This allows to keep all submodules in one single place, which I hope
simplifies a tiny bit submodules handling (by making it more explicit)
for contributors who are not at ease with them.

> Now, the config/chroot_local-hooks/13-1-apple-spi just does:

> dkms install -m applespi -v0.1

> And I always get the following error during build; how to fix?

> DKMS: Add completed.
> Error! echo
> Your kernel headers for kernel 4.9.0-6-amd64 cannot be found at /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/build or /lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/source

Same as above, see the build hook we use for aufs in
config/chroot_local-hooks/13-aufs.