Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails
Hi!

DrWhax:

> The discussion we had maybe in the open or maybe in the backchannels
> was, could we maintain some kind of "journalist pack" for persistence
> where we package these tools somewhat and these things install when you
> setup your persistence.

I think it'd be useful to identify some of these tools, and propose them
when people launch the Additional Software Feature GUI for the first
time. Also see https://tails.boum.org/news/test_asp-beta/index.en.html

> We would also maintain some sort of deb repo for this. Maybe this could
> even be a way to get some funding in from bigger organisations and a way
> to support them in software! (crazy thought)

I don't think we should maintain a deb repo for this. Instead, let's
identify some useful candidates we could propose to install in our
documentation on top of what I said above.

Cheers!
u.