Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails

Autore: u
To: tails-dev
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails
Hi!

> On 2018-02-03 07:25, ghostlands@??? wrote:
>> Is there a reason Catfish isn't being considered for this? It's in
>> Debian and works exceptionally well, with a clean and intuitive
>> interface.

It has never been requested by many people to include this tool.

We currently work on a GUI for the additional software feature in Tails.
This feature allows to better choose which package to install to a Tails
device on top of the default software. We're currently in the Beta stage
and we wondered if it was useful to propose to users to install certain
packages, when they run this GUI for the first time. Maybe catfish would
be a good candidate. I did not check on it's dependencies though not
verify how the search suggestions provided by zeitgeist would work in
the context of Tails.

If you want to try this feature and install catfish for example please
read https://tails.boum.org/news/test_asp-beta/ and report back :)

>> A more advanced tool is Pfilesearch, but I don't believe it's
>> currently in Debian or Ubuntu (it was invented for Puppy Linux). It's
>> extremely simple though, and probably could be added and thereafter
>> maintained by Tails itself without any meaningful overhead.

Correct, it's not in Debian.

Cheers,
u.