Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?
Hi,

Marco Betschart:
> Got a local VMWare Fusion setup with Debian 9.3 and VT-x enabled on my MacBook
> (Downloaded from OS-Boxes <https://www.osboxes.org/debian/>).

> There was an error in Libvirt. The error is shown below:
> Call to virDomainCreateWithFlags failed: internal error: process excited while
> connecting to monitor: Could not access KVM kernel module: Permission denied failed
> to initialize KVM: permission denied.

I suspect VMWare does not expose (nested) VT-x capabilities to the
Debian guest VM which prevents that VM from itself running a VM (as
part of our build process). So either fix the Vmware VM configuration
(if that's possible at all) or adjust vagrant/Vagrantfile, e.g.
this line:

domain.driver = 'kvm'