Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?

Autore: intrigeri
To: Marco Betschart
CC: tails-dev
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?
Hi Marco,

Marco Betschart:
> Thanks for your feedback. I understand the situation and your
> proposed steps are absolutely legitimate from a Tails angle.

:)

> What would be the best approach for provide you a patch? I’ve seen
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/code

Yes, that's the best entry point we have. See also HACKING.mdwn at the
root of our Git tree, which can also be useful.

> But since I only own my MacBook 12“ I’m not quite sure if it is fast
> enough to build the whole project

I'm not concerned about that. Worst case it'll take an hour or so to
build an ISO, which is still manageable (that's what it took me in
the first couple years of Tails development :)

> and how I would ensure everything is working correctly afterwards?

Assuming your changes are restricted to building an additional dkms
kernel module, there's little chance they break anything unrelated;
testing on various computers should be good enough.

But if you're curious you can take a look at our automated test suite:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/test/automated_tests/

Cheers!