Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?

Autore: intrigeri
To: Marco Betschart
CC: tails-dev
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails on MacBook?
Hi Marco,

Marco Betschart:
> I wanted to boot Tails on my MacBook 12“ from 2015, but the keyboard as well as the trackpad do not work at all.
> Seems like this is a known issue and there is a driver available which should help out:
> https://mknowles.com.au/wordpress/2017/11/02/installing-fedora-27-on-a-2017-macbook-12-retina-macbook-101/
> <https://mknowles.com.au/wordpress/2017/11/02/installing-fedora-27-on-a-2017-macbook-12-retina-macbook-101/>

> Are there any plans for adding this to the official Tails?

This driver is marked "WIP" (work in progress) and as far as I know
it's not been submitted for inclusion into the Linux kernel yet.
The list of known issues on
https://github.com/cb22/macbook12-spi-driver is not exactly confidence
inspiring. So it's not available in Debian and thus not in Tails yet.
Once the authors of this driver deem it ready for prime time, it'll
propagate to Debian and then to Tails.

In the meantime, the amount of work required to go out of our way and
include this third-party driver does not fit into our
current resources. But assuming it's Free Software and builds
reproducibly, I think we would happily consider a good patch that
implements this :)