Re: [Tails-dev] qlipper (suggested clipboard software)

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] qlipper (suggested clipboard software)
Hi,

A spoonful of sugar:
> I've been feeling sad for years Tails does not include a
> regular GUI clipboard app for the panel. I understand
> the many reasons NOT to include one.[1] However, there are
> many benefits to including one. I've long held off on
> suggesting any particular application for a few reasons, not
> limited to but including: […]

Adding such an app would make the Desktop UI more cluttered and thus
harder to use. Given this feature has been requested extremely rarely
and never showed up in the user research we've done AFAIK, I don't
think the benefit (for the few users who would use it) is worth the
cost (for everyone else). Thankfully, those who want clipboard
software can use the Additional Software Packages feature to install
their preferred one :)