[Tails-testers] testing 3.9

Autore: dedlock
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: [Tails-testers] testing 3.9
Hi,

I'm testing the additional software feature beta and cannot install any software using the synaptic package manager. After clicking on the gear button, in the persisten volume configuration window, to open the additional software new application, I click on the link to the Synaptic package manager but nothing happens. However, the link to the command line works as expected.

Then I realized that I had not set up a root password. You would provably like to update the "How to test the additional software feature beta" instructions found in the web page by adding a reminder to reboot AND set a root password. After setting the root password the synaptic package manager opens normaly.

Thanks

Dedlock