Re: [Tails-l10n] Does the German translation team want gende…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Does the German translation team want gender neutral language?
milly:
> I think it'd be nice to have a consensus wrt. this topic before the web
> platform for translations will be finished and new translators start
> coming in.

I agree.

IMO "whether to use gender neutral language" is something we should
decide on a project-wide scale, not per-translation-team (and then
each translation team can decide how best to implement this for their
language). I thought we had done that a few years ago already: it was
proposed 2.5 years ago on the "[Tails-l10n] [de] non- discriminatory
language" thread and nobody objected so perhaps we actually already
have a consensus :)