Re: [Tails-project] Fwd: Tails app on google play store?

Author: u
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Fwd: Tails app on google play store?
Hi,

geb:
> Hi,
>
> intrigeri:
>> resending here with permission by Arturo:
>>
>> Arturo Filastò:
>>> Did you know of this app using the Tails name in the google play
>>> store:
>>>

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobincube.manual_tails_boum.sc_3FSL54

Do we agree that this app does not to pretend a Tails app, but a manual
for Tails?

> Not only it contains ads, but also lot of tracking code, according to
> https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/reports/7949/ , so Arturo suggest
> may be worthly to consider :

And it gets access to everything on your phone basically.

>>> Maybe it’s not such a bad idea to get ahead of your trademark game :P

The Tails logo and name are not trademarked.
I don't think that trademarking is the way to go personally.

The logo is released under GPLv3 -> this would possibly involve that
work containing it is released under the same license - and that would
probably currently be the only valid legal argument we can make - as far
as I can tell at least.

We could start by contacting this person and ask him/her to remove this
app themselves pointing them to this very fact.

We can also tweet about that.

And we can, if we do not receive a response, file a removal request with
Google.

What do you think?

Cheers!
u.