Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails translation platform] New comment in…

Author: emma peel
To: Tails localization discussion, sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails translation platform] New comment in Tails/wiki/src/support/known_issues.*.po

sajolida:
> root@???:
>> There has been a new comment on Tails/wiki/src/support/known_issues.*.po
>> at Tails translation platform.
>
> Emma: Can you tell us a bit more about these emails that we started
> receiving from Weblate on tails-l10n@.
>
> I'm not against it in principle, but for example, I think it's too much
> to receive one for every comment made on Weblate (4 in 1 day).

I agree with this. But I am not sure how to give translators the opportunity to
communicate with upstream without facing this situation.

I personally think this questions can be interesting to receive on tails-l10n,
as they are about string l10n themselves.

This questions stay on the associated string also, and there is where I
answered them actually.

> They are also disclosing the email addresses of Weblate contributors to
> tails-l10n@, which might be fine or not depending on the contributor I
> guess...

Well, the contributors are made aware that their email can appear on the commits too, and are invited to join this list...

Maybe we could add a filter to moderate the emails coming from root@????