Re: [Tails-dev] method to verify a running live sytem

Autore: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] method to verify a running live sytem
tails-facile:
> Hi

Hi!

> I live in an occupied area where we use Tails a lot.
> I wonder if there is a method to verify a running live sytem?
> The case is:
> How to verify an USB key to be sure the installation is safe (=conform)
> in an unfriendly context?

This FAQ should answer your question:

https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/#intergrity

> Another think:
> It should be great to have checksums in the offline documentation to
> verify ISO without Internet connection ;)

It's already possible to verify an ISO image offline using the OpenPGP
signature.

We currently provide three techniques to verify an ISO image (browser
extension, OpenPGP signature, and BitTorrent download) and we believe
that adding a fourth one will not be worth it. It will come with added
complexity pushed to users who will have one more choice to understand
and make.