[Tails-dev] New support page /support/known_issues/graphics

Author: mercedes508
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] New support page /support/known_issues/graphics
Hi,

>> For example, I'm wondering:
>>
>> - Shall we advertise people to try the "Troubleshooting Mode"? Does it
>> help with graphics cards?

Yes it does, and we (at least I do) often ask users to try that at first.

>> - Does it make sense to link to Redmine tickets? For example, #11095 for
>> Radeon HD was closed because we had nothing else to do but the problem
>> still exist.

It makes sense, even though it's not supposed to be a place to point users to. But "sometimes" there's a delay between a workaround documented on Redmine and on the website. I don't know the balance between how it could help users and how much noise it might produce on Redmine.

>> Is it worth making this information visible to users?

Yes, see above.

>> Is it helpful to keep it hidden in an HTML comment like I did?

No idea.

>> - Is it worth keeping track of when each issue has been updated last?
>> Here I'm proposing to keep this information in an HTML comment.

Yes, hidden is enough.

>> Are their ways for Technical writers and Help desk to complete or
>> verify this information? For example, could we answer questions like:
>>
>> - « How can I know the ID of "Radeon HD 8790M"? »

>From WhisperBack logs.

>> - « What name is displayed to the users of "Radeon HD 8790M"? »

Yes, from WhisperBack logs.

>> - Is the "(rev XXX)" part of the graphics card description relevant?

Not sure about that. Maybe not.

Cheers.