Re: [Tails-l10n] [review] typo on source string for perl5lib

Autore: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-l10n] [review] typo on source string for perl5lib
intrigeri:
> emma peel:
>> The translators at transifex point out a typo here:
>
>> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/perl5lib/tree/lib/Tails/RunningSystem.pm#n161
>> and same here
>> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/perl5lib/tree/lib/Tails/RunningSystem.pm#n192
>
>> `toram' should be `toram` or 'toram'.
>
> This spelling was intentional and not a typo. It's a not-so-uncommon
> way to emulate more elaborate typography using ASCII chars.
> But I understand it can be confusing, as your report clearly shows.
>
> I'd like our tech writers (sajolida, Cody) to decide how exactly we
> should spell this.

I understand that the confusion comes from the fact that two different
symbols are used to open (`) and close (') the quote.

If so, what about using the same ASCII typography as we're using in
ikiwiki to denote code? That would be:

    `toram`

On the other hand, doing `git grep toram` on this repo shows that most
translators have already used their favorite quoting typography to
replace ours. Which is also fine :)

If we prefer using the symbol that is the most popular replacement among
the translations that we already have, we should use '. That would be:

    'toram'