Re: [Tails-l10n] source string for perl5lib

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] source string for perl5lib
emma peel:
> intrigeri:
>> This spelling was intentional and not a typo. It's a not-so-uncommon
>> way to emulate more elaborate typography using ASCII chars.
>> But I understand it can be confusing, as your report clearly shows.
>>
>> I'd like our tech writers (sajolida, Cody) to decide how exactly we
>> should spell this.

> If it was intentional, then maybe a note can be added to the .pot file

Sure, will do if our tech writers decide to leave it as is.

> I will also add a comment on transifex so the wonderful translators
> understand the reasons, but maybe it should be added to the code
> itself. I am not sure really.

I would hope that Transifex honors comments that come from the code
through the POT file so yeah, I think it's best to add gettext
annotations in the code so that all translators can see them,
regardless of the translation platform they use.