Re: [Tails-l10n] Update of initial pages to pt-br

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: drebs
À: Tails localization discussion, intrigeri
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] Update of initial pages to pt-br
Quoting intrigeri (2018-02-26 05:50:27)
> Hi!
>
> drebs@???:
> > Hi! I have updated the translations of initial pages using Weblate,
>
> For the record: have they been reviewed?

It has not been reviewed by another person.

> (So far pt_BR got a special exception and your work has sometimes
> been merged without peer-review but I expect the move to Weblate will
> allow us to change this, so let's at least clarify where we're at on
> this front :)

There were few moments where the translations i sent were reviewed by
someone, but the vast majority had no review. This is one of the reasons
why I am now putting efforts on helping consolidate the Weblate
platform.

There are 39 people currently subscribed to the tails-l10n-pt-br list.
Many of them have expressed their will to help translating, and very few
of them (maybe 2) expressed that they would propose translations using
git, but that didn't happen. That list has no constant activity, but
eventually someone joins and expresses will to help translating. I'm
happy that we have such a number of people subscribed, and hopeful that
Weblate will help them help Tails.

I'm experimenting with exporting from Weblate repo as a step to, at some
point, propose to the tails-l10n-pt-br list that they start using
Weblate. Currently, merge from Weblate into Tails main repo is not
automatic, and depends on someone exporting from one repo and requesting
merge here. I'm currently trying to coordinate with 1 specific person to
see if we can simulate some rounds of translation, review and MR using
Weblate. The idea is, if that works well and is well documented, then we
start involving other people from the list.

Does that make sense?

> > and now i'm experimenting with exporting them and doing a MR
> > here. :)
>
> Thanks, merging.
>
> Note: usually we require such requests to be OpenPGP-signed; in this
> case I'm fine with relying on the fact it's clear that you own that
> Git repo; still, please sign such requests in the future so we don't
> have to reason about whether we're in an exceptional case or not :)

I have added the review and openpgp information to the
blueprints/l10n_Portuguese page. I will make sure to follow those as
much as I can. ;-)

Please, let me know if there are more things to improve in the process.

Thanks a lot!
drebs.