Re: [Tails-l10n] translate when is the same as in source

Author: emma peel
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] translate when is the same as in source
intrigeri:
> Muri Nicanor:
>> ps: maybe we should just not translate fields that have the same value
>> in german as in english- i think the po system defaults to the msgid
>> value if the msgstr is nonexistent.
>
> Right. The only problem I see with this approach is that it makes it
> harder for translators to identify the pages that need work (the
> meaning of "<< 100% translated" gets weaker).

It would be nice if ikiwiki had an 'ignore list', so this strings will not even make it to the .po file, but another problem I have seen is that sometimes non-technical translators will translate them wrongly. That is why I copy the original in strings like:

Of which 'next' has been already translated in many languages...