Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype …

Author: sajolida
To: Uzair Farooq
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Verification extension [was: HTML prototype for new download page]
This email was bounced by Uzair's email server because of the JavaScript
attachment. So here it is again:

Uzair Farooq:
>> It works when the version of the extension is up-to-date (1.0 or 1.1) but
>> it doesn't work when the version is outdated (0.9). I can see that
>> data-extension is still set to "ok". See screenshot.
>
> We have fixed an error with version checking so it should work now.

Cool! But I don't see any new commit on your repo so maybe you forgot to
push:

https://github.com/usman-subhani/verification-extension/commits/master

> Still if you want us to shift to simple floats comparison, we can do that.

No. If you managed to fix the integration of Giorgio's code, that's
perfect :)

> To test locally just need to change background.js, line 3
> from: let matches = "://tails.boum.org/";
> To: let matches = "file:///home/amnesia/Persistent/Tor%20Browser/
> master/install/download_2.html";

I tried that both in Tor Browser and Chromium and could make it work.
Here is the background.js script that I'm using:

https://pad.potager.org/0JLDrEOZFK

Actually, I also tried other variations of this before asking you but
couldn't make them work either :/

How can I debug this script from inside the browser?