Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for 2018

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for 2018
Hi,

segfault:
> I thought that the releases for the first half of 2018 were already
> fixed, since we already had them in
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/.

I think you're mistaken wrt. contribute/calendar:

- I've added the release dates we're talking about on September 1st,
once I've checked the Mozilla release schedule, and at the same
time as I've started this thread. But they had no version number
specified, and no info wrt. bugfix vs. major release, because we
first had to discuss that on this very thread.

- Only "3.4?" was listed on that page earlier ("?" meant "no idea if
it's going to be a bugfix or major release so no idea what its
version number will be"; I realize it's not clear enough and I'll
try to do better in the future).

So I guess you're talking about Redmine instead: IIRC we've
tentatively created a bunch of Target versions in Redmine during the
summit, with dates based on guesswork, because we needed that to
create a timeline for our OTF projects. That was a big mistake, of
which I take the full responsibility. I'm sorry I've realized only
once back home that we had been assuming too much wrt. the bugfix vs.
major release schedule, which is precisely why I've immediately
started this thread and pushed for a quick resolution.

> Maybe a subject like "Modified release schedule for 2018" would have
> helped me to realize that this concerns me.

OK, got it! Thanks for your feedback :)