Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: Tails list for early testers, Ralf Orlowski
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] Missing bluetooth
Hi Ralf,

Ralf Orlowski:
> I really miss bluetooth on tails 3.2 now. I normally use a bluetooth
> mouse on my computer as it is not very comfortable to just use the touchpad.

Thanks for sharing.

I'd like to start with evaluating how dire the regression is.

How exactly did you make that Bluetooth mouse work in previous
versions of Tails?

> Therefore I would really like, if there will be another way to protect
> againt the blueborne attack than to totally disable bluetooth.

Sure, fixes for that specific attack were implemented (in the Linux
kernel and in the BlueZ SDP server). But with Bluetooth enabled, the
attack surface is still the same, and I bet there will be other
similar issues discovered in the future now that people started
looking at the Bluetooth stack.

For the record the discussion about this change happened there:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2017-September/003454.html
… where a longer-term plan is outlined.

Meanwhile, you can re-enable Bluetooth:

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/no-bluetooth.conf && \
sudo systemctl restart systemd-udev-trigger.service

… then follow whatever other manual steps you used to go through
before Tails 3.2.