Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Uzair Farooq
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page
Uzair Farooq:
> Hey sajolida,
>
> Can you let me know how to run the DAVE site locally? I'm implementing
> message passing in site and need to test it.

Actually, I should have pointed your to the documentation we have about
that straight from the beginning:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/website/

In short, the code for the website is included in our main Git repo so
you need to clone that repo first. Then install ikiwiki [1] and build
the website locally.

[1]: https://ikiwiki.info/

Once you get that working here is a small tip to make your work on this
particular page either.

Instead of relying on the ikiwiki.setup configuration included in the
Git repo, you could create a copy of it (mine is called
ikiwiki-local.setup) and change the "hardlink" option in there to "1".

To refresh the build I do:

ikiwiki -setup ikiwiki-local.setup -refresh

Instead of ./build-website in the doc.

This will make hardlinks between the .css and .js files from your repo
and in the build, so you don't have to refresh the build of the website
every time you change these files. You would still have the refresh the
build if you change the .html file.

The HTML code for the important code of the download page is
wiki/src/install/inc/steps/download_2.inline.html (which is inlined from
wiki/src/install/download_2.html).

Good luck!