Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Uzair Farooq
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page
sajolida:
> For example, I supposed that it will be possible for your extension to
> rely on some calls to some functions in the script dealing with the
> logic between the moving parts (for example 'showVerificationResult').

This might be doable with Content scripts but I'm not sure and it
might be tricky to do it safely:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Content_scripts
https://github.com/mdn/webextensions-examples/tree/master/page-to-extension-messaging

> I thought that this would help us decouple what's shipped in the
> extension from the content and interactions on the page.

Note that this moves the coupling somewhere else, rather than removing
it: with this idea, you're replacing the need to maintain a stable
(and preferably versioned) API between the HTML+CSS and the
WebExtension, with the need to maintain a stable (and preferably
versioned) API between the JS from our website and the WebExtension.
I think it's a very good move.